Reflection, I am happy...

One Day:

Busy..oh so busy..always!!! I have forgotten to relax she says and she has. Sad but that is the depressive truth. She came in front of me and said that she is finding difficulty in breathing for she does not know what mindfulness is all about. I look at her, this woman who has so much to offer but she is a mere shadow now engulfed between the demands of her life slowly killing the desires of her existence.
She starts with her monologue and I listen. Who am I to judge anyone for my task is to listen with a kind face. She explains the chemically enhanced state of mind, the pains surrounding the decisions she takes, the misinterpreted actions of hers, the desires not synchronizing with the reality of her survival and finally the incomprehensible thoughts complicating a simple life.
We talk about life in general then she tells me how she is living in the virtual reality. She says she enjoys but also worries that each passing moment is becoming a memory. She complains about the missed opportunities due to indecisive moments leading to irrational behaviours. She explains the altruistic motives but questions if those motives are in turn her narcissistic expressions.
I ask her to smile and reluctantly she does. I tell her she looks amazing with that smile and the question in her eyes is visible for I can tell that she does not believe a word I say. I ask her to list her plans and the mere narration of her wishes is incredible. I tell her to go out there and explore for the endless list is marvellous and again I get the blank response. One wish on her rainbow list caught my eye and I tell her to give it a try for that looks doable. This time the eyes gives me a hopeful response.


Yesterday:

I do not recognise her. She looks amazingly happy. Her face is glowing and there is this calmness about her which lacked on that “one day”. I ask her what happened? Did she fall in love all over again, did she win a lottery, did she find a better job? I am full of questions and all I get is a beautiful smile....but that smile says it all. She gives me her cell phone and I see the pictures....the pictures which tells a story about her life towards the path of Nirvana. Nirvana, I could tell does not have to be a grand design in the circle of life. Her pictures and that aura she carried at that point told me that Nirvana is awareness of one’s own existence!!! That bliss is not a planned process but a mindful step in the life we live in!




Mirror never lies and I finally believe !!!


Comments

  1. next time she comes to the mirror - tell her that she is a wonderful person and she writes beautifully !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely tell her!!!! Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we are is within

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!! sometimes we need that mirror image!!! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. beautifully written and expressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today: She writes it, posts it and make others as 'happy' as she is :-)
    Mirrors seldom lie... Awesome yet again :-))!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess that is part of her growing....thank you for reading and commenting!!!!

      Delete
  6. while I was reading, my mind involuntarily replaced she with he. It also quickly collected moments from my own life to related it. Surprisingly every bit of feeling here felt like my own.

    I feel like I just read me.

    Thanks for the piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading the blog...true reflection of where Labanya stands :)

      Delete
  7. Nice and natural pieces of writing. We are doing research in such an area. Would you be interested in sharing your perceptions in a brief interview? Your information would be a landmark for many social activists. We always maintain the anonymity of participants and the confidentiality of their information. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies Of My Life

My honest confession about "Go Set A WatchMan" by Harper Lee