Romancing Death



Sometimes I wonder what will happen if I die suddenly. Would I be a memory or a great loss? Would I be discussed for a few days or remembered forever? Would they let me die in peace or start to dig in search of “the dirt?” Is this a simple soul searching process or actually a selfish curiosity to remain “alive” forever? 

How would I feel? I think of my loved ones and the attachments. I think of my unpublished works and would not want anyone to theorize and criticize and me not being able to defend or agree in person. I am scared of the unknown: where I will go? Or maybe duality exists and I have a same life on the other side of the thin line of existence and death. I wonder if I will get a choice on the other side: to play sports, to sing, to lead a different life in comparison to what I have right now.

Is this a depressive thought or a mere inquisitive musing? I am attached to feelings, emotions, people, and things but would that all matter in the end? All our lives we search, seek for the answers and in the end what do we get? We simply die: Unknowingly!!

Is the search worth it then? I am afraid to answer this for then I would enter into a dark hole if the answer is negative. But it would be a wonderful experience to seek answers for maybe life is all about questions and answers, happiness and sadness, hunger and thirst and in the end, knowing that a good attempt to answer the enigma of life has been initiated but it will always remain yet “An Enigma!”

I even took a selfie for my “obituary”…proactive, far-sighted or simply crazy!!!! I do not mind for I would like the world to think of me as “A Happy” person! Self-importance it is!! Funny thing is, it is all about perception and the fact that I would want a positive reflection of my life relates to a mere human desire of being considered “nice” in a world governed by narcissistic approach to doing things. Self-denial of not wanting to be remembered exists but deep inside, I think we all want to be remembered for the “good” things we have done in our lives. Don’t we?


Comments

  1. makes you ponder about the choices we make and why we make them.. excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think death is nothing but a sound asleep after the hard work. It really does not how we are remembered in their life because firstly we are not there and secondly each of them think about us from their perspective so in our life we try to do good from our side and let them think the way they like to think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies Of My Life

My honest confession about "Go Set A WatchMan" by Harper Lee