My Date with Alternative

I looked around the corner and found Alternative sitting right there!! Never realised it was looming around the corner for me to notice and there I was, running here and there trying to figure the meaning of existence. So focussed was I in my obsession to find a meaning to the complicated atmosphere that Alternative waved its hand and I simply dismissed thinking life is flirting with me. Stupid me!!!!

Alternative and I are acquaintances now. It asked me to accept it as a friend but I am a sceptic. I need to weigh the consequences before blindly saying yes. How attuned I am to the happenings of day-to-day life that when someone offers me a friendship band, I have to weigh its price! Alternative is teaching (not preaching) me to search for possibilities before I give up in frustration. It tells me to take a deep breath and think without pressure and irritation. It is telling me to be calm and smile believing that every decision I take is for the moment and if anyone shows a room for improvement or tells me to change its course then I should smile back and think again.

Alternative tells me life is not just about numbers and virtual reality. It gives me a hint that I can gamble with my feelings, for suppression is my own enemy. It is trying to show me that fear of the unknown is robbing me of my known strengths. I can see it smiling for it knows that what makes me happy now is what makes it happy too. It knows that the wild flower within me is just waiting for the cue but what it is telling me is just do not wait for the cue to slip through my fingers.

Alternative kissed my forehead and I felt this deep connection. I am sorry to have ignored you for so long!! Now I feel I was self-obsessed and ignorant. But I also realise you did not want me to feel tiny. Oh my dear Alternative, you the epitome of Enlightenment. Am I falling for you? I wonder for you have shown me the possibilities of delimiting myself from my limited life.

Me: Where are you?
Alternative: Within you

Me: Why can’t I see you?
Alternative: You can feel me

Me: Are you my destiny?
Alternative: I am your Solace



I choose the path knowing 'Alternative' is with me 
(Taken 14/12/2013 Lamidanda, Lalitpur, Nepal)

Comments

  1. You: Why are you here ?
    Alternative: To be with you.
    Anonymous: Lucky you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When evening comes,
    my longing deepens for the person I met.
    For, hovering before me,
    is the way he was speaking to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let go..the longings...the smiles....the silences..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies Of My Life

My honest confession about "Go Set A WatchMan" by Harper Lee